Enhanced scripting support for Kotlin on *nix-based systems.
Kotlin has some built-in support for scripting already but it is not yet feature-rich enough to be a viable alternative in the shell.
In particular this wrapper around
- Compiled script caching (using md5 checksums)
- Dependency declarations using gradle-style resource locators and automatic dependency resolution with jcabi-aether
- More options to provide scripts including interpreter mode, reading from stdin, local files or URLs
- Embedded configuration for Kotlin runtime options
- Support library to ease the writing of Kotlin scriptlets
- Deploy scripts as stand-alone binaries
Taken all these features together,
provides an easy-to-use, very flexible, and almost zero-overhead
solution to write self-contained mini-applications with Kotlin.